Wellbeing & Pastoral care in a Digital Environment
This showcase is focussed on pastoral care and asks how can educators provide support to students without being in the same room?
Listen to expert Dr Timothy Hawkes OAM an esteemed educator, social commentator and author. Learn as he delves into practical ways that you can look after yourself and your students. Sharing tools, frameworks and concepts that can be implemented in a K-12 school setting. Tim more recently has been involved in developing Truwell – A Wellbeing Program for Teachers.
Following the keynote address, learn from five Australian EdTech company’s solutions that are proven, available, and ready to scale in the K12 school sector. Discover how technology can support your students, and assist in building resilience.
- a wellbeing program for teachers, presented by keynote speaker Dr OAM Tim Hawkes
- the Truwell program has been developed to assist heads of school to monitor, encourage and equip their teachers with the skills needed to flourish.
- engaging and fun online learning space for primary school children
- programs are evidence-based, curriculum-aligned, built for K-6, that enables teachers to develop student’s social, emotional and physical skills for successful learning
- provides teachers with the lesson structure, content, and analytics to deliver curriculum-aligned classes within their desired workflows
- uses regular physical activity as a “superpower” to improve student’s mental and physical health
- engages students in fun physical activities presented by real-life role models who are “virtual mentors”
- there is a comprehensive wellbeing monitoring system that provides valuable wellbeing and physical literacy data for schools
- intuitive self reporting tool for monitoring the wellbeing of each child
- teachers can ‘check-in’ every 30 seconds with students
- students’ wellbeing is communicated back to teachers in a simple and easy manner
- this means all stakeholders can understand what wellbeing looks like for the individual, class and whole school
- offers a range of best-practise data and reporting solutions that harness the power of student voice
- turning classroom feedback into actionable insights that support ongoing professional development and enhance student outcomes
- Pivot is proudly female-founded and female-led