EduGrowth Ltd is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from people across Australia who are suitable and willing to be considered for appointment to our Advisory Council.
EduGrowth is a member-based not-for-profit organisation. Through connection and collaboration, we accelerate Australia’s EdTech ecosystem globally.
EduGrowth was established in 2016. Since then, it has steadily grown in size and impact. The business is now positioned as Australia’s primary education technology and innovation advocacy hub. We work with members at each stage of their journey, from startup to connecting established education providers and industry participants to the broader ecosystem.
The Advisory Council is composed of people who are nominated by the Board to enhance the effectiveness and relevance of its strategic capacity by ensuring that it continues to be informed by diverse and inclusive perspectives on developments in the EdTech sector.
Up to 11 Advisory Council Members may, at the Board’s discretion, be invited to become a Foundation Member with full constitutional voting rights. This select group of Founding Members will hold a central role in governance of EduGrowth and the custodianship of the vision to transform global communities by enabling the growth of Australian EdTech.
The Role of the Advisory Council
- The Advisory Council provides expert advice and specialist opinion to the Board on matters brought to it. They may include identifying opportunities to expand into new geographical or operational markets, or assessing the impact of Company programs, projects and activities.
- Advisory positions are voluntary, however, reasonable expenses are covered. Council member’s terms are usually one year.
- EduGrowth is also committed to supporting the opportunity to develop members’ professional expertise and experiences through valuable networking opportunities, and strategic discussion responding to emerging trends and opportunities in this growth sector. The Council serves as a pool for emerging Board Directors.
Meetings and Time Commitment
The Advisory Council meets in a hybrid model including in-person and virtual options twice a year for up to four hours each meeting. Preparation for meetings will require additional time.
Expectations of Council Members
We expect members to attend and actively participate in Council meetings, as well as:
- stay informed about industry trends, prepare for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- build a collegial working relationship with other Council members that contributes to a consensual approach to recommendations to the Board;
- utilise own skills, experience and knowledge to support the growth and success of the organisation;
- support communicating and promoting EduGrowth’s mission, purpose and services to the EdTech sector;
- become familiar with EduGrowth’s strategy, services, resources, finances, and market; and
- understand the national, and State context and issues, service delivery, financial aims, and policies and procedures.
The EOI Process
All EOIs received will be confidential to EduGrowth’s CEO and Board. A Selection Panel made up of the Board Chair and two Directors, will consider all EOIs. Panel members may wish to talk to candidates and their nominated referees, in the course of formulating recommendations about independent appointees for consideration by the full EduGrowth Board.
The decisions of the full Board will be final, but all people participating in this process will be advised of outcomes. The Board hopes to be in a position to appoint independent Advisory Council members at its July 2022 meeting. You will be advised of the outcome of your EOI in writing following the meeting.
We truly appreciate your consideration of this important role with EduGrowth
To be considered for a Council position, please complete the EOI document below, provide a link to your LinkedIn profile, a Board Resume if you have one and a simple cover letter
Applications close: 30 June 2022
Direct any questions to
Non-Executive Director and Company Secretary Tony Brennan at: [email protected]
Or, Managing Director, David Linke – [email protected]
EduGrowth is an Equal Opportunity organisation. The Directors are committed to ensuring we select Advisors that will bring diverse perspectives to the Advisory Council and are fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all their professional dealings.