EduGrowth recently partnered with Austrade to create The Australian EdTech Directory. The aim of the directory is to provide an authoritative source for Australian EdTech companies that are impacting learners domestically and internationally. The Directory was recently launched by Melissa Banks, Head of International Education at Austrade, and will feature as part of the Austrade campaign at GET (Beijing) 2020 and SXSW EDU (USA) 2021.
You can find the directory at australianedtech.com.au
Being listed in the directory provides many benefits including:
- EduGrowth partners with Austrade to deliver The Australian EdTech Directory
- The directory is hosted at australianedtech.com.au
- The directory is an authoritative resource on high-quality Australian EdTech companies
- providing Australian companies credibility when entering export markets;
- enabling economic development agents across federal and state jurisdictions a resource to direct their in-country connections;
- a resource offering certainty that the Australian originated EdTech companies listed are of high quality.
This is a great resource for the Australian EdTech community. The sector is on a significant growth trajectory, and this initiative was part of a wider project to map the entire Australian EdTech sector in terms of size, value and capabilities.
To be listed on the directory an EdTech company must meet a number of criteria (detailed below). Approximately 90 companies have been listed at the time of launch and we look forward to expanding the directory over the coming months.
The directory showcases Australian EdTech companies that are impacting learners, export-ready, investment-ready and focussed on quality learning outcomes.
EdTech and innovation companies are defined as businesses building innovative education products or services using technology:
- Platforms for administration, student management, content management and learning management within the education sector, or
- Digital learning content or services used by learners, education providers or corporations connected to education and learning, or
- Consultants and advisors with specialist EdTech domain knowledge that support the education sector with expertise on product design, learning design or organisational development
Annual revenue of AUD$250K or more
Invested AUD$250K or more in developing the company
Management and trading history
Management and trading history of least 24 months
Must be an Australian registered company with an Australian Company number
Australian originated or owned business
The company must meet one of these:
- Have been founded in Australia, or
- Have been founded by at least one Australian citizen, or
- Have significant Australian share holding.
The company, and its directors, need to be of good character and standing at all times