This is an opportunity for Australian EdTechs to join a 4.5 day EdTech bootcamp offering an introduction to the UAE education and business environments, exposure to innovation, ecosystem, incubator and accelerator partners, connections to public and private sector customers and investors, and briefings of regional opportunities in the Middle East and Africa. The mission will be hosted by the Dubai Future Accelerator and run in conjunction with Austrade, Knowledge Human and Development Authority – the Dubai government’s Department of Education – and GEMSX – the world’s largest provider of K – 12 education.
About this bootcamp
The UAE has the largest number of English speaking private schools in the world. Competition is high and both the public and private sector are actively seeking innovation to supplement traditional modes of education. Austrade and EduGrowth has partnered with the Dubai Future Accelerators to run the UAE’s first-ever EdTech bootcamp. The program is open to the Australian EdTech industry, providing 4.5 days introduction to the UAE education market and connections to public and private partners and decision makers in the sector.
Dubai Future Accelerators is an innovation initiative run by Dubai Future Foundation (Dubai Government) which connects emerging technology companies with government agencies and private sector multinationals to co-create solutions using the city of Dubai as a testbed, and further develop products and services that can be deployed anywhere globally.
GEMSX is the R&D and investment arm of GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of K12 education with 60,000 secondary students in over 200 schools.
Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is the Dubai government’s department of education and has a lead role in accrediting curriculum and introducing innovation to prepare students for the jobs of the future.
Who should participate
Australian EdTech sector with products suitable for K-12 segments, universities, government authorities and multinational corporations. Highly desirable focus areas for customers include:
- solutions that address positive education and wellbeing
- curriculum content in STEM, Arabic, blockchain, coding
- solutions using MR, AR, VR, AI
Saturday 2 March (half day) to Wednesday 6 March 2019
The format of the program consists of various interactive sessions including workshops, pitching sessions, presentations and networking. The sessions include:
- Introduction to UAE business and local culture: understanding the unique cultural and business context in the Middle East
- Insights into education industry: understanding the UAE innovation eco-system and education market as well as the education regulator.
- Introduction to Dubai Future Foundation, Dubai Future Accelerators, Area2071, GEMSX and KHDA.
- Briefings on setting up a business, business structures and partnership models, financing options, intellectual property protection, tendering and contracts.
- Roundtables with private and public sector customers to understand their needs to refine your approach and message for the UAE market.
- Video conferences with experts in other Middle Eastern and African markets to learn how to take advantage of regional opportunities.
*A$300 (GST excluded) per participant fee will be charged by Austrade to recover direct costs. Participants’ personal expenses (e.g. airfare, accommodation, personal meals) for attending the bootcamp are not included in the $300 fee.
This Online Briefing, hosted by EduGrowth Managing Director David Linke covers two international opportunities for Australian EdTech companies:
– The Trade Victoria EdTech Trade Mission UAE, February 2019
– The Middle East & Africa EdTech Bootcamp: Dubai 2-6 March 2019