Nicky Ringland from Grok Learning recently spoke about her experience in delivering learning online at our Sydney Insights Seminar. Learn about the challenges with developing content and how to adapt to the digital medium. Nicky spoke about her experience moving from teaching workshops in the Girls Programming Network to the online space with Grok. You can watch the full video below.
Nicky’s thoughts about teaching online compared to in a classroom
- A personalised classroom – everyone can work at their own pace.
- The Educator relinquishes control over the classroom, students interact with the content in their own way.
- It can tick off a lot of buzzwords for K-12 educators.
- You can gather a LOT of data.
- There is less feedback.
- Updating digital content is easier than updating a textbook, which allows you to be more responsive as you test content.
- It is the only way to scale learning.